Saturday, April 25, 2009

Time to Say Goodbye!! (By: Courtney Weatherly)

So here I am in the final week of school at CBU. The end brings mixed emotions, excitement, nervousness, overwhelming feelings of sadness, the feeling of accomplishment, and a sense of moving on. I have worked so hard on my education at CBU and am ecstatic to finally receive my diploma on May 2nd. Graduation night, Hillary and I will head on out to Disneyland to celebrate the only way we know how. On May 3rd I will be moving home to Visalia. I will be home for the month of May and will travel to Ukraine with my ISP team in June. In July my older sister is getting married and so I will be helping her with the final touches of wedding planning (not that she needs any help, she is very organized) and beginning in August I start school again. Because I want to be a high school teacher, I will have to continue my education and get a California credential. I will be credentialing at Fresno State (go Bulldogs!).

Though I will be moving back home and to a different school, CBU will always be a second home, and it will always be MY school. I have had so many memories here and I know that they were all part in making CBU what we know and love. I am able to say I have survived Intensive Training Weekend, I have played in Fortuna Bowl (and won), I understand that recreation sports is more than just a hobby, I have participated in Campus Days, Some of my favorite Breakfast’s were served by staff and faculty, I know what a kugel is and I feel unimpressed when I see one at Disneyland, I have cheered with the CRAZIEST and most rowdy crowd in the GSAC (Golden State Athletic Conference), and I know exactly what comes after “C-B What??? C-B What???”.

This week really put everything in perspective when I got my cap and gown and acquired my first CBU Alumni t-shirt. I will miss CBU but I am able to take what I learned here and apply it in a different place.

So rather than listening to Vitamin C’s “Graduation (Friends Forever)” or Green Day’s “Time of Your Life” I think I will enjoy my last few days as an Undergraduate student focusing on the friends I have made and cleaning out this old apartment. (Plus working on walking and receiving my diploma without tripping on stage like this unlucky guy I know of...)



Thanks for reading my blog, whether it be the first time or the tenth. God Bless!



Courtney Weatherly


No comments:

Post a Comment