Thursday, April 23, 2009

No Butts About It

Usually, as a break from finals week, CBU puts on a little diddy called Campus Day. This is where all of the living areas on campus (and even commuters) get to compete in different games. My Team consisted of the awesome ladies of the Lancer Arms apartments. Our team was named “No Butts About It”- our shirts had a zebra butt on the back, clever, right? If you saw us we were probably recognized best as Team Zebra. We came into the competition with face paint, giant flags and the coolest shirts. This wasn't just my opinion... other teams and even the boys thought they were pretty sweet. Those names will be kept confidential.
I competed in the giant obstacle course, over-sized basketball (where I got elbowed in the ear) and the toilet races. BOOYAH. It was brutal, but we had it handled. Other games were human foosball, bocce ball, extreme pictionary, and, of course the team cheer (*note it had to do with zebras going extinct and the judges giving us points to save us, trust me you had to be there). To the tune of "I don't know but I've been told...", a call and response, if you will. I present to you, the Zebra cheer:

Listen Judges hear our plea
Save our lives we're on our knees
Campus days are mighty fine
On our backs is a zebra behind

We competed to the best of our abilities. We won some, we lost some. All in all, we won 3rd best cheer and one of our girls won most spirited. Shocking? Not at all, when the Zebras came around, we made ourselves known.

Zebra, out.


Christina Fuentes

No comments:

Post a Comment