Saturday, April 25, 2009

The End of Something is the Beginning of Another (By: Tim Cahill)

This past week we got our yearbooks. Usually, when the yearbooks are handed out, you know the school year is just about over. It's surreal to me that this has come to an end! I remember freshman year, thinking that I never wanted this to end, and I mean how could it, I still have 3 more years of this! But now here I am, done with everything, and looking forward to this weekend of graduation; the gateway into the "real world".

The question I am always asked is, what do you do now? I am not sure, I don't even know how to make that decision properly. It's such a strange feeling knowing that so much weighs on where to go next.

Even though I am unsure, I know that my time here at CBU has prepared me to face whatever life presents me. I have grown so much spiritually, socially, and academically. I know these things would not have been possible without my friends and professors at CBU. I truly believe that CBU presents this opportunity to all students, and although we experience different things here, I would venture to say that most people feel the same way I do when they graduate.

We may not feel professionally ready, and we recognize that we still have a lot to learn about life, but we are confident that we will be successful in our endeavors after our time here.

It has been very sad to think about leaving friends and this amazing community. I plan to move back up to Northern California, and pursue a teaching career in mathematics. I would love to teach high school, either in the states or overseas, wherever I have the opportunity. So as this chapter in my life ends, I am excited to start a new chapter in my life.

This is it for my time blogging, it's been fun!


Tim Cahill


No comments:

Post a Comment