Monday, May 4, 2009

This Is It! (By: Tim Cahill)



It was a long, but wonderful weekend! It was graduation, so of course my family and friends drove down to see my 10 seconds of glory, walking down the stage and shaking President Ellis' hand. My family arrived on Friday and stayed until Sunday.




Graduation went so smoothly. All week I was worried about how hot it was going to be, then on Friday there were chances of rain, but after all it was one of the nicest graduations there has been in a while. I didn't expect Riverside to be 70's with a breeze in May, but it was! After graduation, my roommate Ryan and I had a bbq at Citrus Park. It is a beautiful park, and we were blessed to have so many family and friends there to celebrate with us. This was my favorite part of the weekend because it was a chance to see a lot of my friends that I will not see for a long time.




It has been very sad thinking about leaving all of these great friends that I have been blessed with over these past four years. This has become my home. They have become my family. The thought of moving away has shown me how much I care for these people. It has given me the strangest feelings, and I know that I will miss this community sooooo much.




I am ready for change and am excited to see where the Lord is going to take me next, but I know I will never have an experience that resembles college. CBU has been a wonderful place and a perfect fit for me. I have grown, I have seen, and I am much more ready to face the world than I was when I first came in. CBU's environment and community has allowed me to figure out myself (as weird as that sounds).


I will miss it dearly.



Tim Cahill

No comments:

Post a Comment