Sunday, May 3, 2009

Graduation!! (By: Courtney Weatherly)

Graduation was yesterday, it was awesome. There is nothing like wearing a black trash bag (not literally) and cardboard hat with hundreds of others just to hear your name called. It was supposed to rain and it didn’t which just made everything more perfect. After finding all of my friends and taking pictures in our academic regalia my whole family went out to lunch to celebrate (YardHouse).

Afterwards, my family came back to my apartment so my dad could attach Josephine (my bike, remember?) to my car so she wouldn’t fall off during the long drive home. Once she was secure, they left! I was so happy that my family was able to come down and enjoy the day with me because they are so much a part of my education (if it wasn’t for their constant support, I would have never come to CBU or gotten through it). Hillary and I then did what we do best, we went to Disneyland. Of course we couldn’t go in our regular clothes but had to sport or new and appropriate CBU Alumni Shirts. When we got into the park, we got pins that said “JUST GRADUATED!!” that we wore proudly. We were sure to tell everyone that we graduated (Hillary even asked the guy on the tram ride to announce it on the way back to the car).

By the time we got home we were dead tired but knew there was work to be done. We spent the next few hours packing our cars and cleaning the apartment. I worked on the bathroom and let me tell you that the Comet detergent I was using in the bathroom was so strong it was making my nose burn. When we woke up this morning we had a few things to do and then we did our very last check out! We then went to Panera for our last breakfast together.

Surprisingly I haven’t cried about this whole process. I’m not really an emotional person (it drives Hillary crazy) but I am surprised I haven’t shed one tear yet. Probably because I still can’t believe that I am graduated already! I think it will all start to sink in around August or September when I am supposed to be heading back to CBU for school. - Pray for me then!

I have loved all of my time at CBU but know that moving on is also great and something we have to do. Experiences are what help us to grow and I know my experiences at CBU helped me so much. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me next in the next chapter of my life.

Well, that’s all for me. Thanks for reading!!


Courtney Weatherly


No comments:

Post a Comment