Friday, April 10, 2009

Southern California Attractions, Discounted! (By: Tim Cahill)

At CBU, Chris Hofschroer, is the director of the Campus Activities Board, aka CAB. He puts a lot of hard work into our school's activities, and this presents the students with awesome opportunities to go to events and participate in activities. Over the four years that I have been at CBU, I have taken advantage of most of the events that Chris and the CAB has provided us with. The great thing about these activities, is that they're always discounted for CBU students.
They have offered various events over my four years here. They've hosted and gone to concerts, designed our own Tom's Shoes, gone to professional sporting events, gone to broadway shows like Wicked and The Lion King at Pantageous Theater, and these are all at a fraction of the valued price. It is an awesome opportunity which our school presents us to get out and see the attractions in Southern California! Tickets go fast, so you have to be on top of it.
This past weekend, I got tickets to go to the LA Galaxy soccer game. They were playing the Colorado Rapids, and I love soccer. I'm not the biggest fan of MLS, but it's still soccer. But that's not all, Chris got us field level seats with all you can eat food, and we only had to pay 20 bucks (Oh, and that included the bus ride there and back!). My friends and I couldn't pass on this opportunity, so we snagged tickets and went to the game.
It was a blast! The Galaxy lost and David Beckham is still at AC Milan, but I did have 2 hot dogs, 3 nachos, and a couple of sodas. I'm usually a pretty healthy eater, so needless to say I didn't feel too good later that night, but it's so hard to say no when it's free! When we got back on the bus, I think everyone felt like they shouldn't have gone for that last hot dog. We took a poll on the bus, and the person who ate the most had 9 hot dogs, 2 nachos, and 5 sodas. Ridiculous!!
It was a memorable time. CBU offers so many good opportunities to fit whatever form of entertainment you enjoy. And even if you are unsure of what you like, you can try them out because they are at a discounted price.
Thanks Chris and the CAB, for all the hard work you put in so that we can have fun for cheap!


Tim Cahill


1 comment:

  1. Galaxy hot dogs are now my worst enemy. I know for a fact my body didn't like them and that's usually a sign that I shouldn't either... Good game though, I've never seen a goal scored in the first 15 seconds of play.

    ReplyDelete