Friday, April 10, 2009

Down In My Heart, Where? (By: Christina Fuentes)

Last night I attended an Easter musical portrayed through the eyes of Pilot’s wife, Claudia. She had dreams of Jesus and wanted to warn her husband not to have anything to do with him. And although she tried, Jesus was still crucified. After His resurrection, Claudia understood that Jesus had to die for the sins of man and was overwhelmed because Jesus is not only alive, but alive in her heart.

If Jesus is in my heart, I feel like I should look and feel and act differently. But I seem to get so caught up in my day-to-day schedule that I forget what that looks like. I’m only a mere human, but as I’ve said in my previous blogs, my only life’s purpose is to glorify God.

This Sunday I’m going to an Easter Sunrise Gathering with some close friends and family. We’re going to a park in Corona to worship and celebrate the resurrection of Christ. My friend Chris, who’s organizing this event said "I heard once that when people gather in the name of Jesus, they shouldn't be able to leave without the community around them knowing that God was there". So he's encouraging us to bring donations for the Corona-Norco Settlement House, where people are hurting and in need.

This, is what it looks like to have Jesus alive in your heart. I am at a loss for words when I remember what God did for me today. He sent His only son to die on the cross, for me. The least I can do, is live like Jesus is alive in my heart.



Christina Fuentes


No comments:

Post a Comment