Friday, March 13, 2009

You and Me (By: Christina Fuentes)

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this incredible opportunity I have this semester as a Lancer Diaries blogger. I believe that my position is much bigger than myself and the things I do. What’s been on my heart lately is our generation.


We’ve become people who claim the Christian title, and become satisfied with being perceived as just that. It’s not enough.I believe God wants more of us, and our world needs more of God. Are we making this a reality? Or are we depending on others to take on responsibility so Christians (as a whole) can get the credit? Like I said last week, we were created to give God glory.


In chapel on Wednesday, John Montgomery spoke about one of my favorite scriptures Matthew 16:24, “Then Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.’”The three main points he emphasized were to DENY ourselves, TAKE UP THE CROSS and FOLLOW HIM.


God is moving in such a powerful way today, and I am STOKED about it. He is revealing Himself in incredible ways to people who didn’t know Him, and now believe. The time to act is now. Not when we’re done with college, or older, or more spiritual. We can’t keep putting off sharing our faith with others. We put so much stress on where God wants us to be in the future, when all along, He has us right where we are for the purpose of those who need Him. We come in contact with people who don’t know Christ as their Savior every day, even on campus. I’m totally talking about myself here, too. If a person died tomorrow and you HAD a chance to talk to them about Christ, what would you feel?


Here at CBU, we’re blessed to have awesome professors and leaders who would be more than willing to help you:
1. Accept Christ (if you haven’t)
2. Share the gospel with others (not just for pastors or missionaries... for you and me)


God has set apart our generation… and we need to r e s p o n d.


Christina Fuentes

No comments:

Post a Comment