Thursday, March 12, 2009

I TURN 22. (By: Courtney Weatherly)

March is a good month. The sun is shining, flowers are blooming, and it’s my Birthday. Though I never had a birthday party at McDonalds (it used to be cool), or a party at RollerTowne, I have never had a reason to complain about my birthday parties. During my time at CBU I have had some of the best birthdays! Usually, my older sister Sam makes her way from Fresno to Riverside to go to Disneyland the day of my birthday. Last year, in addition to a trip to Disneyland, my roommates threw me a Surprise Party. I was so surprised and had no idea. (The picture is from the Surprise Party last year)

This year, my Disneyland pass no longer worked in March so both of my sisters came down early and celebrated with me at the end of January. I decided that the next best thing to do for my birthday was visit the zoo. I invited a handful of my friends and we decided that we would take a trip to the San Diego Zoo. So on Saturday morning, the 7th of March, the five of us piled into the car and made the hour drive to the San Diego Zoo. As soon as we got into the car, Hillary brought out a list of things that I would have to do throughout the day. Most of them taking pictures with people (Someone wearing a Hawaiian shirt, someone wearing birkenstocks, etc.) At first it was a little embarrassing but by the end of the day I had embraced it. We had so much fun exploring the zoo and checking out all the different animals. (The orangutans were by far the most interesting and exciting exhibit.) My 22nd birthday was awesome and I am so happy that I got to spend it at the Second Happiest Place on Earth!


Courtney Weatherly


No comments:

Post a Comment